Thursday, May 30, 2013

Card Swap and Scrapbooking Weekend

I want to share with you the cards I got at a recent card swap. Just a small group of friends gathering at a local church. We came away with a  nice variety and  great techniques to share,  using Stampin Up, Creative Memories and Cricut products
 







 This last card is mine and for many, their first time to color using Copic Markers. 
 
The weekend scrapbook retreat was held in Williamsburg, Virginia hosted by SunShine Retreats. This was a much smaller group than what normally attends but we sure did have loads of fun.
 Since using Tami Potter's  Mosaic Moments technique, I have begun to experiment with other shapes. My favorite being the hexagon.





 
For the background paper on the next two pages, I took  12"x12" sheets in two colors, laid one on  top of the other then cut across from top to bottom and side to side. I removed every other section of the top sheet then every other bottom sheet until I had alternating colors as seen. I think it made for an interesting background.

 
 
 I matted each picture on white cardstock  and the lettering was done with  Printing 101 Cricut Cartrige. We were celebrating our granddaughter's birthday at the Surf Rider Restaurant in Hampton, Virginia.

I hope you will enjoy.


No comments: