Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scrapbook Weekend Retreat

Last weekend my daughter, daughter-inlaw and I attended the Creative Memories Scrapbook Retreat in Williamsburg, Virginia. hosted by six area  consultants and by noon Saturday, probably 50 ladies were in  attendance.  We saw some fantastic work being done.  One consultant challenged us to make a card for the  troops in Afghanistan. They have such a need for cards to send back to loved ones here in the states. Below is the card I fashioned using the following Creative Memories tools; Scalloop Stitch Border Maker, Reminise Paper Flowers and Divine Epoxy Sticker. Miss You lettering was cut with the Cricut Storybook Cartridge set on shadow at 1 inch.

 I started with white cardstock measuring  13" by 4 1/2", then  folded in half  to 6 1/2" x 4 1/2". The stripe paper from my scrap bin  measures 6 1/2" by 3 1/8" . I used the scalloped stitch border maker on the front bottom of the white and stripe paper. I cut a 1" x 6 1/2" gold strip which I  glued behind the white border edge then layered two  flowers, added an epoxy sticker in the center of the flower and glued on the Miss You  lettering.  To my disappointment we were never told how many cards for the troops were turned in.

                               

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love this card! :)