Sunday, January 22, 2012

Thank You card

Here is my adaptation of the card featured on the cover of the March 2012 issue of CardMaker magazine.
My first attempt to make a rosette flower was not successful and final conclusion was, their measurements had to be wrong. My daughter email the editor and behold, the measurements were incorrect. To make a rosette flower you will need a strip of cardstock measuring 6 1/2 " x 1 1/4 ".  Add the loop edge using the Martha Strewart Loops Punch Around the Page punch. Score between each loop then fold accordian style . Glue ends together forming a circle. When completely dry, push down and adhere a scrap of cardstock to back of rosette flower to keep circle flat until dry.  Since I used a liquid adhesive, I had to place something heavy on top till it was completely dry. To form the smaller rosettes, I had to adjust the length and width of my cardstock strip. I tried using a lighter weight decorative paper but found it got jamed in the loop punch.
I didn't have brads for the center of the rosettes like they used  but think the adhesive pearls are a nice touch. Sentiment is computer generated.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love this card!